Thursday, November 1, 2012

Journal #14 - Scary Moment?

To tell the truth, I do not remember a time when I was actually truly scared. I have watched many horror movies and those never cease to scare me to death, but that is not very exciting. A lot of people watch horror movies, especially around Halloween like now, so talking about such a scary moment would not be entertaining at all. However, there was one time a few years ago when I was actually terrified. It was not so much that I was scared of something, but more that I was worried out of my mind. You see, my friend had to move away because her current house was literally falling apart and they could not afford to fix it. The only house that they wanted and could afford was one out of the Pleasant Plains school district. She was my best friend (still is), so you could imagine that I was pretty concerned. The fact that she was moving was not even the worse part of it. During that eighth grade year, I had not been a great friend to her, and so when she said she was moving, she was almost happy. I felt terrible. She actually wanted to be away from me, it seemed. I was so worried and scared that she would not be my friend anymore. Not only that, but she was also moving away as I stated earlier. I was never going to see her, and there was a chance that she did not like me. I was not a happy camper. It was one of the scariest times of my life. I love my friends and I would never want to lose any of them. Other than that time, the scariest experiences in my life have only consisted of small things such as horror movies, my friends trying to scare me, typical nightmares, the power going out unexpectedly while I'm downstairs in my house with no windows... But I digress. That moment was the scariest experience I have ever experienced, even though it was not actually "terrifying".

No comments:

Post a Comment