Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Journal #13 - Franklin's Virtues


To be frank, this was not my favorite of all projects. I will start by explaining how the project could be made better. There was a serious lack of communication in my group. I ended up having to do the project for all of my other "teammates" but one. I do not know exactly how you would fix that, but it would be nice if something could be attempted. Maybe it was just the people in my group being lazy, but as a whole I heard a lot of complaints about how no one was responding to anyone. I heard during class once that Farmington did not have gmail at their school. Well, that is a major problem for some of them, I would assume. What if they did not have internet at home? I know you have no control over their school, but maybe you could talk to Mr. Piper about getting that fixed. The lack of communication was the major flaw in this.

Despite that flaw that grew increasingly irritating over time, I found that I was gaining something from this project. It was a very independent project (if you do not include the group video). We had to individually find time to write out our analysis, reflect for 24 hours, and put together our video. It taught us how to manage projects like these. Also, concerning the actual information of the project, we learned a lot about Franklin's virtues. In class and out, we read through the virtues and gained a general knowledge of what they were about. However, without the project, I do not believe we would have gotten such and in depth understanding about the virtues. We found ways to connect with them through literature and our own lives, and I feel like that could help us actually put such virtues to use in our lives. Overall the project, where tedious, was helpful in some aspects with few issues which could be easily fixed.

PS: More individual grades would be nice. I did much more work than the other members of my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment