Monday, November 26, 2012

Journal #17 - Blue fuzz...?


As the light blue fuzz feathered through the warm current of air purring from the heating vent, my eyes squinted, trying to follow it. Along with the air was a scent of hot chocolate and cinnamon that brushed past my nostrils, flooding my senses with warmth and coziness. I turned my head towards the kitchen and spotted my cheerful mother, baking Christmas cookies of all sorts with the preciseness and speed that only her numerous years of experience could explain. My eyes trailed lazily back to the light blue fuzz, speeding across my vision as a little burst of color. It reminded me of a small sprite, frightened yet curious of our much larger world. I smiled warmly as it landed atop my old golden retriever's snout, causing his sleeping eyes to slowly open up and stare at the little speck. After opening his mouth widely, showing me his worn down teeth as he yawned, he clumsily tried to lick the fuzz away, leaving his nose glistening from his wet tongue. I chuckled merrily as he missed it time and time again, finally proceeding to brush it off of his nose for him. He followed it with his dull eyes until it hit the floor, making sure that it would not move anymore so that he could return to his blissful sleep. With that, the dog swiftly fell back to sleep, my hands brushing across the silky golden fur atop his head. I grazed my fingers across the carpeted green floor as I tried to flick the blue fuzz back into the air to be caught by the warm current. I grinned happily as my plan worked, the crisp air of the vent successfully grabbing a hold of the fuzz and sending back into the air. I could only watch in astonishment as the small speck floated back into the air, continuing its adventure through the air of my winer home. Even though I would most likely never see the speck again, I pondered as it disappeared from my vision, the journies it would go on in the future were sure to be very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment