Friday, November 9, 2012

Journal #15 - Missing Someone

There are plenty of people in my life whom I miss dearly. I make constant attempts to connect with them, and for the most part, I am successful. I maintain friendships with these people despite their long distances. I once hosted a foreign exchange student from the Netherlands. She is rather far away. I also have internet friends who I only get to see once a year, if that. However, the person I find myself missing the most is my friend Missy. She did not move an extreme distance from me. If anything, she is closer. Unfortunately, with her moving, she was no longer a part of our school district. Great. I find my self overwhelming myself with extra-curricular activities such as marching band, drama club, art club, scholastic, etc. I am almost literally never home during the school year. The thing about Missy was that she would always do those things with me. I saw her every day from eight to whenever we had to leave school, which was often in the evenings. My life always involved her. The moment she moved, however, I had to rely on planning things with her outside of school. When do I have time for that? Close to never. Then, whenever I have a free day, she is usually doing something with one of her friends or something with her school. The sudden lack of Missy in my life was pretty upsetting. I am still not entirely over it. Nonetheless, I find ways to keep in contact with her by texting her in the mornings and evenings. Sometimes, I even find time to skype her! She and I have been getting a lot better at hanging out and being consistent about it, so I do not find myself missing her too much all the time, but there are still many times where I wish she still went to my school so I could see her every day in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment