Saturday, April 27, 2013

Journal #43 - A Standardized Test to test my SANITY???

Okay. No. I have many a feeling about this, and none of those feelings are good. I come from a family and friend group of some very wacky people. If we were to take this so called "Sanity Test", we would not do so well. After reading that story in class yesterday, I actually am positive I would fail. I understand when we take tests to rate our intelligence and work skills. Although I hate such tests with a deep and burning passion unquenchable by anything, I still see why they are helpful for colleges and whatnot. However, when you want to go an test me on the way I think and observe the world? --That's when I draw a line. We were born different from those around us. That is the way of life. No two people are going to be exactly the same, especially not in the way they think. Sure, two people may think a lot alike, but it would really be lucky if they thought the same about everything. Who is to determine what the so called "standard" sanity is? What makes us unique as individuals is our different thoughts, so if we all score the same on such a test, we would all be conformed to society. Conformity is not a good thing. At least in my opinion. I am a strong believer in individual rights because uniqueness is what makes the world so exciting. To test someone on how they feel about something is to take away all of their chances to be different, and that is not okay. Standardized tests make me very angry. I will still take them, but I will not be too affected by what they tell me. I would rather such tests tell me what kind of a person I am, analyze how I think, and show me my strengths and weaknesses rather than tell me why I am so different from "the rest of society". *insert angry sigh here*

No comments:

Post a Comment