Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Journal #40 - Free Write - Ranting about what I want to do with my life.

For the longest time, I have wanted to be an animator. Growing up watching a wide variety of animated Disney movies and cartoons that I have adored have given me an intense appreciation for the work that goes behind them. Two-dimensional animation is drawn, frame by frame, and it brings previously still drawings of people, animals, etc, to life. Starting with a childhood obsession with a plot-driven cartoon series, I tried to enhance my drawing ability, and I am proud to say I have. I have made small animations before, and believe me when I say it is hard. You literally have to draw 8+ frames for just one second of video for it to look connected. Despite its tasking quality, I still really want to do something involving animation with my life. I have looked up the qualifications for working at Disney Pixar or at Disney in general and it is pretty legit. You have to be the best of the best to get in there as an animator - and once you do, its not even a secure job. You sign on for one movie at a time, and once it is over, you might be rehired, but otherwise you are done. Where that is a pretty depressing thought, I still want to try my best to work there. If Disney becomes not an option, I will most likely lean towards Nickelodeon for work. They provide steady jobs. If my animation career takes off, I would want to create a cartoon. That might seem like a very silly and impossible task, but I think that would be amazing. I love to create stories, worlds, and characters. Add that to a love of drawing and animation and what do you get? CARTOONS. -but not the plotless ones like Spongebob. I am sorry, but that just does not cut it for me. I have a few ideas in mind already, but I do not know if they will take off and become more. If they do, look for a cartoon in 20 or 30 years with a good plot and sit down to enjoy it because it will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment