Monday, April 8, 2013

Journal #39 - Spring Break

My spring break was rather enjoyable - though I would not consider it the most exciting week of my life. The first half of break was pretty much full of dread and misery and suffering similar to that which one experiences in an average school day - only at my house. You see, I have no problem with school. I understand its benefits and support that, but that does not make it any more enjoyable. No offense to any of the teachers, its just a bitter truth. Nonetheless, the reason why I was filled with such dread is that despite the lacking of school for one week, I was still burdened with a large sum of homework. I get summer homework. It makes sense. Over the summer, one loses so much of the information they obtained over the school year - HOWEVER - I do not fully understand the point of a spring break if all some of my teachers are going to do is assign hours upon hours upon days (5 page essay) of homework and expect me to "enjoy myself". Yeah, okay, I'll just do that. Despite my bitterness and often passive aggressiveness about this, I still did have a satisfactory second half of my break. Usually, I put of my homework until the last day (or hours) of break. This time, I decided to get everything done within the first half, so that I could truly enjoy my second half. Thankfully, that worked out well and fine and I had a great second half of my break. I spent a lot of time with my friends, playing video games and running around at the park. I even kept myself relatively productive by helping out my college friends on their stage painting and set building for their production that I cannot currently remember the name of. I also went to Cherry Berry quite a few times for some frozen yogurt and I enjoyed every bite. Then, in the late hours of the night, I found myself doodling on my art tablet, which was very contenting. Unfortunately, this break has come to an end and I can only find myself craving summer vacation all the more. I have had a taste and I just want to be able to relax and draw, but I suppose I can wait. With all of the tests I have to take in the incoming weeks, I need to get my game face on. I suppose it is only seven more weeks until school is out. That is not awful, but I bet it will go by very slowly. We'll see, I guess. ---

No comments:

Post a Comment