Sunday, September 23, 2012

Journal #9 - Autumn

There is seriously nothing I love more on this earth than the Autumn season. I am not one who likes bitter cold or scalding hot temperatures. Quite frankly, I hate them. They are not perfect to me. Fall brings on a very cool calming temperature that I always want to be outside in. It is not too hot or too cold. It is a perfect in-between temperature of warm days (in the beginning) and cool nights. It is also the perfect weather for hoodies and campfires. I love the feeling of having no homework on a cool Friday night in Autumn. Most likely, the perfection of that night would be used by some friends for a bonfire and movie night. So, since I would realize the chilliness of the weather, I would put on a hoodie and head out. The night would be lots of fun and I would have an amazing time. Then, when I come home, I would still smell like the campfire smoke and be reminded of the hot dogs and smores that were cooked over them.

Fall is the most relaxing time for me. I would like Spring more (seeing as though it is also not too hot or cold), but I enjoy the cooling sensation more than the warming sensation. I don't know, but I really just enjoy cooler temperatures. I suppose it is because I realize that it is easier to get warm when you are cold than to get cool when you are hot.

I am also significantly happier during the fall. Most people get depressed during this time because everything is dying, but not me. I love the sights, the smells, and the tastes of fall. It is an overall beautiful time. I have only ever been truly relaxed during the fall. I know I am rambling, I just adore this season. With its crisp, freshly picked apples to the crackling sound of falling into a pile of leaves, I have never enjoyed anything more than Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment