Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Journal #4 - Traveling

Normally, I am not one to want to travel much. Nor do I get too excited about it. Sure, if my parents suddenly said, "We're going to Disney World!", I would be more than excited to go. Despite my happiness, I would not be looking forward to the actual trip, but the time spent there. Over the years, I have become more and more accustomed to long road trips. I go to church camp every year and the sites of the camp are usually 8+ hours away. I have found ways to enjoy these long trips, but it has become somewhat of a routene for me.

Last year, things changed. Early in 2011, I met a girl online who would become one of my best friends in the world. (Yes, online. I know that is pretty sketch, but we skyped and everything and I was happy to find that she was in fact not a forty-year-old creeper man, but a fourteen year old girl.) We have many things in common so we became fast friends. I began to "plot" against her, as I would say, and in October I went to North Carolina to meet her in person (without her knowing, I might add. Her parents knew, though.). Though the entire process of planning, packing, and driving there took a rather large portion of my time for a while, I was jumping with excitment. The entire drive, where it was very long, was one of the most enjoyable rides of my life. I was going to see my friend! We arrived after the 17 hour drive and had a great weekend of teenager antics. Then, I had to leave. That ride was not as fun.

After that trip, I realized that long trips can be fun. They are an adventure of sorts. Sure, they are more fun if you actually are wanting to go on them, but they are not too bad. That particular road trip had a big impact on my life. I now know that me and her will probably be friends forever. Because of this, I have more respect of long trips, because you never know how they will turn out. They could change your life. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment