Monday, February 4, 2013

Journal #29 - When Nature Was In Charge

Nature is a wonderous thing. Unfortunately, sometimes it decided that it is going to try and ruin our fragile fragile lives. Sometimes I think that I have a transcendentalist mindset, seeing as though I think so highly of nature and everything about it. Its so beautiful and power, especially storms. Many times, storms dictate the world around us. Oh, you had marching band practice after school? Well too bad! THERES A TORNADO OUTSIDE. Oh, your track practice was supposed to be outside? Well too bad! There is currently three feet of snow on the ground! Nature is very often in control of our lives. That, however, does not mean that it ruins our lives. I, for one believe it makes everything much more interesting. I love going outside at night whilst a lightning storm is going on. I take my blanket out onto the wooden bench on my porch and entertain myself for about an hour with the bright flashes and the rain. It is truly amazing. You see, I could have been watching television that night. I could have been lazy, staring at a computer screen as I did not admire the beauty of the world around us. But no. I took the initiative and let nature teach me wonderous things. Nature controls so many aspects of the world. A perfectly nice day can be turned into a thunderstorm. A windless day can become a fierce tornado. The gentle waves of the ocean on your nearby beach can become a frenzy as a hurricane sweeps through. The possibilities of nature are endless. Every day, something new is going on. The sky could be purple, or green, or orange, or pink, or even just plain old blue, but it is all so varied that one could spend forever trying to experience everything and yet fail. Nature, controlled by God, dictates the world around us and lets us experience every thing the world has to offer. That is how nature is in control. It always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment